
Mmmm. I really need to bring my camera and cord to work so that I can blog with my own pictures, which is always better!
Recently Kevin and I have both been sick, he with a cold and I with vomiting and a very delicate stomach. Tuesday was the worst of it for me; I threw up twice, first at five am and then at seven am. Kevin got up with me both times, and the second time he even tried to come hold me to comfort me while I threw up, even though the first time I told him not to. But since I was, um, rather violently expectorating, I couldn't handle Kevin's loving arms around me, as they restricted my movement and put pressure on my back, which translated to pressure on my stomach, which wasn't good. But Kevin stayed with me, hovering at the bathroom doorway, even though listening to me he felt like he was going to be sick himself. After the first time, he asked me if he could go to the store to get me anything, but I was still feeling so nasty I all I wanted was to crawl in bed and go back to sleep. After the second time though, he kindly offered again, and so went to the store for Squirt, Saltines, and fruit popsicles, which he suggested because they always made him feel better when he was sick.
As we are strapped for cash, I felt I would still go to work, but Kevin, in his laid-back manner, ordered me to stay home. He had work that day too, but since I was sick and he was sick, he called in to work sick and stayed home to take care of me. He brought me saltines and fresh garlic herb bread I had made in the breadmaker the night before, plating them prettily and putting the plate and a glass of Squirt on a bed tray we had gotten for our wedding. Kevin had wanted it so that he could bring me breakfast in bed... who would have thought the first time we used it would be for this breakfast! It was very handy and Kevin was so cute carrying it in.
We had a wonderful day just cuddling and waking up and smiling at each other and then drifting off to sleep again. Actually, I slept a lot while Kevin read Animorphs.
See, I read the Animorphs books as a kid, all of them, and Kevin read the first four. This summer I've been wanting to reread them, so Kevin went to the library and got a bunch. Therefore he had plenty of reading material for that day.
I'm glad he had something to entertain him while he was the best nurse ever!
I love you Kevin!
0 comments:
Post a Comment