There wasn't really one aspect of this movie that intrigued me enough to write a decent blog post about, so I'm going to write about several aspects.
I found it really interesting that George Washington was so key to everything, and that everyone, no matter what party they were in, liked him so much. It makes sense, but I'd just never realized how crucial he was. I'm glad he actually decided to come to the convention. I didn't really understand from the movie why he didn't want to come. Also, I don't know if this was just because of the movie or what, but there were some parts of the movie where James Madison sounded like John Adams, which I thought was funny but also quite appropriate. I liked how they explained that societies are amde up of warring factions, and that a small republic often gives up to these factions. They said that only in a large government with different people can no one faction gained control. I thought that was really smart, just another advantage a larger nation has over a smaller one. I thought it was sad that John Dickinson kept causing trouble with the whole representation deal because he seemed like a really smart guy and a few posts ago I said I really liked him. But you'd think he'd be smart enough to not make another big error in judgment. I thought it was cool that Benjamin Franklin suggests a prayer and says that God governs in the affairs of men. It surprised me that he did this because I thought he was a Deist who didn't take much to God and religion.
Even though this movie was kinda cheesy and parts and I couldn't get over the actor who played Alexander Hamilton, it was really helpful for me to more internalize the concepts I'd learned in the chapter.
0 comments:
Post a Comment